Interested in global health and social justice? Want to get some experience working with HAI? We have an exciting new volunteer opportunity!
Video Editing Volunteer
Health Alliance International (HAI) is recognized globally as an organization that combines a service ethic and solidarity with the critical thinking and rigor of its academic base. For over 27 years, HAI has provided substantial support and solidarity to our government partners to strengthen primary health care. Central to HAI’s mission is supporting the public sector, which is especially important in the face of decades of austerity and privatization imposed on these governments.
HAI’s Advocacy Program has been collaborating with the People’s Health Movement USA Chapter to produce a series of webinars on climate change and health. The Video Editing Volunteer will work with HAI’s Advocacy Lead to:
- Create two 5-10 minute highlight videos of the first two webinars.
- Create footage or animation as necessary
- Manage all aspects of this project
- Video editing, basic knowledge of video production
- Have necessary software on your computer
- Networking opportunities with HAI and PHM
- Flexible schedule
- Video editing experience with completed projects featured on the HAI and PHM websites
- Letter of recommendation for future opportunities, if applicable.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position. You would be welcome to work in HAI-Seattle’s offices but please note we may not have the video editing software required for this project, so you would have to bring your own computer.
If you are interested in the position, please fill out a Volunteer Application and write “Video Editing Volunteer” to answer the question “Why would you like to volunteer for HAI?”
Please indicate in your application the times in which you are available. This project may be done remotely, and future video editing projects are possible if interested.
Questions? Please contact Julia Robinson at firstname.lastname@example.org.