We are extremely proud to share this short video–produced by FORWARD STORYSTUDIO–that highlights the success of our ongoing partnership with the Mozambican Ministry of Health and the Doris Duke Charitable Foundation to strengthen the health system in Mozambique through powerful and effective use of data and research.
VIDEO PREMIERE! Watch how using research and data in real time is strengthening Mozambique’s #healthsystem. Proud to have partnered with #DDCFgrantees and partners @HAI_1987, @uwdgh & the #Mozambique Ministry of Health for this work: https://t.co/DdSsPCA2CJ #HSR2018 pic.twitter.com/ov4hInZmCV
— DorisDukeFoundation (@DorisDukeFdn) October 5, 2018
The video premiered at the 2018 Global Symposium on Health Systems Research where HAI’s Dr. Kenneth Sherr joined a panel on “Moving towards Universal Health Coverage: the role of embedding research into decision-making for health” where HAI’s IDEA project (featured in the video) was highlighted as a successful application of this approach.
The full panel included:
- Kenneth Sherr, Health Alliance International, University of Washington, USA;
- Lola Adedokun, Doris Duke Charitable Foundation, USA;
- Abdul Ghaffar, Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research, World Health Organization;
- Koku Awoonor Williams, Ghana Health Service, Ghana;
- Quinhas Fernandes, Ministry of Health, Mozambique;
- Lisa Hirschhorn, Northwestern University, USA;
- James Phillips, Columbia University, USA;
- Zubin Cyrus Shroff, Alliance for Health Policy and Systems Research
You can learn more about the making of the film here.